Fragen noir an …
… den Schriftsteller Ken Bruen
What are you doing besides writing?
I teach as I have a Doctorate in Philosophy
Film released in the year of your birth?
I have no idea what film was released the year of my birth, I do know that year we had the 1st recorded earthquake on the date of my birth!
What books can we find in your bookshelf?
My bookshelf contains, Jason Starr, Daniel Woodrell, James Sallis, Robert Stone, Craig Mc Donald, Megan Abbot, RJ. Ellory and a ton of philosophy books and the work of Rilke
What was your initiation in the noir-subject (film or book)?
The works of David Goodis, books
Which noir cliché do you like the most?
…….it started bad and got worse
Some of your favorite film noirs?
Sunset Boulevard, The Postman Always Rings Twice, The Ice Harvest, The Killers, The Grifters
Which fictional character (book or film) would you favor to kill face-to-face?
The fictional character I’d most like to kill face to face is Nero Wolff
Dein Leben als Film noir
1. Which would be your part in the movie?
Nobody gave me the script or cued me on my lines.
2. Your nickname in the movie?
Name would be Merrick, as in my new series
3. Which author (living or dead) should write the script?
Jason Starr should write the script
4. Famous quote in your movie? (Exmaple: Scarface = The World Is Yours, White Heat = Made It Ma, Top Of The World)
As far back as I can remember I wanted to be a gangster…….Goodfellah’s
5. Shot in black and white or in color?
Black n White……….always
6. Soundtrack by …
7. Which femme fatale would lead you to your doom?
8. Your getaway car?
A beat up Porsche
9. Your weapons?
Ruger or Glock
10. Book for your prison sentence?
The book of Zen
11. Finally: Epigraph on your tombstone?
Nobody gave me the script or cued me on my lines