Fragen noir an …
… die Schriftstellerin Christa Faust
What are you doing besides writing?
I like to read, cook, and watch boxing and MMA. I also collect vintage high heels and like to wear them while stepping on naked men.
Film released in the year of your birth?
The Wild Bunch
What books can we find in your bookshelf?
Lots of pulp, including Prather, Stark, and Brewer and Keene. Also Megan Abbott, Ray Banks, Natsuo Kirino and Larry Brown
Some of your favorite film noirs?
Night and the City, Act of Violence, The Killing, Sunset Boulevard, The Last Seduction
And films beside noir?
Creature from the Black Lagoon, Raising Arizona, Repulsion, Welcome to the Dollhouse, Amores Perros
Your life a film noir
1. Which would be your part in the movie?
The Femme Fatale of course. And I’d get away with it in the end.
2. Your nickname in the movie?
I hate nicknames. You can call me Ms. Faust.
3. Which author (living or dead) should write the script?
4. Famous quote in your movie? (Exmaple: Scarface = The World Is Yours, White Heat = Made It Ma, Top Of The World)
Love is for suckers. I’ll take the cash.
5. Shot in black and white or in color?
Black and White
6. Soundtrack by …
7. Which hard-boiled noir-hero would lead you to your doom?
I would be the one leading the hero to his doom, not the other way around, but I’d like it to be Sterling Hayden.
8. Your getaway car?
Whatever the most handsome man in the parking lot is driving.
9. Your weapons?
My feminine wiles
10. Book for your prison sentence?
I’m not sure if I understand this question, but since I will be getting away with murder, I won’t be going to prison anyway.
11. Finally: Epigraph on your tombstone?
A Hell of a Woman