Fragen noir an …
… den Herausgeber und Schriftsteller Charles Ardai
What are you doing besides writing?
Writing and publishing keeps me plenty busy, but I also work for a financial firm by day.
Film released in the year of your birth?
They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?; Midnight Cowboy; The Wild Bunch
What was your initiation in the noir-subject (film or book)?
The Postman Always Rings Twice
What books can we find in your bookshelf?
Oh, thousands of them. Literally. Of every variety.
Which noir cliché do you like the most?
The dame who’s no good, but that no man can resist.
Some of your favorite film noirs?
Out of the Past, Night Of The Hunter, Touch Of Evil
And films beside noir?
The Vanishing, Top Hat, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crimes and Misdemeanors
Your life a film noir
1. Which would be your part in the movie?
I suspect I’d be the fresh-faced cop taken in by a grifter’s story; either that or the Jimmy Stewart part of the innocent man who gets in over his head.
2. Your nickname in the movie?
3. Which author (living or dead) should write the script?
4. Famous quote in your movie? (Example: Scarface = The World Is Yours, White Heat = Made It Ma, Top Of The World)
“He never knew what hit him.”
5. Shot in black and white or in color?
Oh, black and white, definitely.
6. Soundtrack by …
7. Which femme fatale would lead you to your doom?
8. Your getaway car?
I’d try to make it on foot, and get shot down like a dog in the mouth of a filthy alleyway.
9. Your weapons?
Wit and cowardice.
10. Book for your prison sentence?
Dead men don’t get prison sentences.
11. Finally: Epigraph on your tombstone?
I tried to tell you.